Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Simomics Ltd.
Simomics are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to join an exciting software company based in York as it begins a new phase of growth. The company has recently concluded a significant investment round and boasts an impressive client and partner list.
Reporting to the Board, you will be taking ownership and responsibility for overall company growth and strategic direction. You must have a strong business background, with demonstrable leadership experience. An understanding of the pharmaceutical or chemical industry would be an advantage, as would experience in the environmental sector. You will need to work collaboratively to inspire colleagues and drive change in the organisation, enabling a high-performance team culture.
You must be an outstanding individual, capable of inspiring your team and leading by example, with sufficient gravitas to engage effectively at senior levels within industry.
We are looking for applicants with previous successful leadership and management experience, with recent experience scaling a start-up company, and are excited by the opportunity to join a fast-paced, world-class team who are commercially driven.
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
- Setting the corporate strategy
- Aligning and growing the organisation
- Recruiting and leading the top team
- Working with the Board of Directors and Technical Advisory Board
- Being the face of the company to external stakeholders
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Demonstrable evidence of successful senior leadership within an SME
- Experience of designing and leading a growth strategy to a successful conclusion
- Demonstrate excellent commercial acumen
- Able to inspire, coach, mentor, lead and manage people
- Clear communicator
- Able to balance the competing demands for resources
- Able to make effective, and sometimes hard, decisions
- Able to develop an inclusive work culture
- Articulate the company’s strategy and vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing and maintaining relationships
Self Organisation and Teamwork
- Plan, organise and manage workloads under ambitious timescales
- Work collaboratively with all team members
DESIRABLE SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Domain knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development process and/or the chemical manufacturing industry
- An appreciation of corporate environmental responsibility and ecotoxicology
- Familiarity with mechanistic modelling and advanced mathematical techniques
We would expect the successful candidate to be based at our York offices, when the opportunity permits. However, a combination of remote and office working will be considered.
We offer a competitive remuneration package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted remotely due to the working restrictions currently in place.
Recruitment Agencies and Consultants need not apply.