DevOps Engineer, Simomics Ltd
Simomics Ltd are looking to appoint a keen and technically able DevOps Engineer, to join our growing company based in York. Working within a multi-disciplined development team, the role will help build, improve and innovate on our web-based product set, serving our clients in the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and environmental industries.
While we would like to hear from you if you have passion for any of the DevOps practises, a proven track record in Cloud security and governance would be an advantage. An ability to work within a team is key, along with the drive to see a growing company succeed.
This is an opportunity to make a difference at a fast growing company at the forefront of Corporate Environmental Responsibility tooling.
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
- Improve the security posture of our products and business.
- Build tools to improve and automate development and release processes.
- Refine product reliability as demand grows.
- Assist product owners with SaaS operational considerations.
- 2nd line incident and problem management.
- Work with leads toward tactical and strategic objectives.
- Actively seek to mentor and engage in team cross-skilling.
- Assist product owners in client requirement analysis.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities.
Skills and experience
- Proven track record as a DevOps Engineer or similar role is essential.
- Creative thinker able to show initiative.
- Demonstrable experience of a subset of the following:
- AWS Cloud services and architecture.
- Cloud security posture and threat management tools.
- Policy and governance techniques in the Cloud.
- Docker and container orchestration.
- Serverless technologies.
- Infrastructure as Code.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Well-Architected Framework.
- Financial Management in the Cloud.
- SaaS delivery.
- Good written and spoken English language ability.
You do not need to be fully familiar with all of these technologies, although that would be beneficial, but you will need to demonstrate experience in similar technologies and show enthusiasm to learn new skills.
Simomics requires people with a diverse range of skills so if you have a speciality in a particular area or you feel you have skills that would be beneficial to the company please get in touch to discuss further.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Share scheme.
- Hybrid working may be considered (where opportunity permits, we would expect the successful candidates to be based at our York offices during the probationary period as a minimum).
Simomics is dedicated to attracting and retaining talent. To this end we offer a competitive salary, challenges, an opportunity to grow and innovate and a great work-life balance.
How to apply
Simomics is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or marital status.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note, which should include salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Recruitment agencies and consultants need not apply