Platform/DevOps Engineer, Simomics Ltd
Simomics Ltd are looking to appoint a Platform (DevOps) Engineer. This new position in Simomics will give the successful applicant the opportunity to join a growing York based software company. Reporting directly to the Software Lead, you will help build functional systems that improve customer experience of our new range of corporate environmental responsibility (CER) products.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background and experience managing cloud-based software deployments and CI/CD pipelines.
Our tech stack is: AWS, Docker, BitBucket Pipelines, Python, Django, Typescript, Vue.js
You do not need to be fully familiar with all of these technologies, although that would be beneficial, but the successful applicant will need to learn these technologies.
You will need to work collaboratively and you must be experienced in Agile software development and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
We are looking for applicants with experience as a DevOps Engineer who are excited by the opportunity to join a growing company that has a secure financial position. Some travel will be expected to client sites both in the UK and abroad.
- Deploy product updates and fixes
- Integrate Simomics solutions into customer’s systems
- Update libraries to the latest versions (Python at the backend, npm/Vue.js/Vuetify at the frontend, AWS and Docker for deployment, Postgres database)
- Provide responsive Level 2 technical support
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve issues in deployed systems
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Automate and execute operational processes fast, accurately and securely
- Develop and maintain mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems
- Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs
- Participate in architecture and software development activities
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience with Cloud Hosting preferably AWS
- Be familiar with Docker, BitBucket Pipelines, Python, Django, Typescript, Vue.js or similar technologies
- Working knowledge of databases (Postgres and SQL)
- Work collaboratively using version control preferably git
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with Linux operating system environments
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Collaborates well with colleagues to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team or independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
We would expect the successful candidate to be based at our York offices, when the opportunity permits. However, a combination of remote and office working will be considered.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the above criteria to email@example.com.
Interviews will be conducted remotely due to the working restrictions currently in place.
Recruitment Agencies and Consultants need not apply.