Senior Software Engineers - Simomics Ltd
Simomics Ltd are looking to appoint a number of keen and technically able Software Engineers with proven track records, to join our growing company based in York. Working within a multi-disciplined development team, the role will help build, improve and innovate on our web-based product set, serving our clients in the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and environmental industries.
We are focussing on our Cloud-based product set. While we would like to hear from you if you have passion for owning and delivering solutions anywhere in the software stack, experience of the Business Logic tier would be an advantage. An ability to work within a team of developers is key, along with the drive to see a growing company succeed.
This is an opportunity to make a difference at a fast growing company at the forefront of Corporate Environmental Responsibility tooling.
- Own, develop and maintain solutions that are aligned to client needs and business strategy.
- Support leads in furnishing effective and practical deployment and test tooling.
- Work with leads toward tactical and strategic objectives.
- Actively seek to mentor and engage in team cross-skilling.
- Assist product owners in client requirement analysis.
Experience and skills
- Proven track record as a Software Engineer or similar role is essential.
- Creative thinker able to show initiative.
- Demonstrable experience of a subset of the following:
- Back-end web frameworks (preferably Django).
- Reactive frameworks (preferably vue.js/vuetify).
- Build and packaging (such as Webpack, NPM, and PyPI).
- Software QA and testing.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Cloud services and architecture (preferably AWS).
- Data analysis.
- Good written and spoken English language ability.
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
- Competitive remuneration package..
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Share scheme.
- Hybrid working may be considered (where opportunity permits, we would expect the successful candidates to be based at our York offices during the probationary period as a minimum).
Simomics is dedicated to attracting and retaining talent. To this end we offer a competitive salary, challenges, an opportunity to grow and innovate and a great work-life balance.
How to apply
Simomics is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or marital status.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note, which should include salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Recruitment agencies and consultants need not apply