Software Engineer (Web Development) - Multiple Positions, Simomics Ltd
Simomics Ltd are looking to appoint a number of keen and technically able candidates with a range of experience to join our growing team based in York. The roles will be to support and/or assist the development of web-based tools that serve our clients in the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and environmental industries.
Experience of either web software development or systems engineering/administration in a software environment is desirable. We are looking to hire Software Engineers for a number of positions so we would like to hear from you if you have particular expertise either in one area of web development (e.g. frontend, backend, automated testing) or if you would like to develop your expertise in a particular area. An ability to work within a team of developers is key, along with the drive to see a growing company succeed.
Working closely with other team members, you will support and assist the development of our web-based tools, databases and data analytics software. You will gain considerable experience working on a range of the latest technologies across various projects.
A combination of some of the following depending on final role:
- Developing, supporting and maintaining reusable software
- Developing and implementing software testing strategies
- Supporting and maintaining of existing software infrastructure
- Software version control using Git
- User-interface testing software using Browserstack and the Selenium framework
- Deployment of web-tools to AWS via Bitbucket pipelines
- Involvement in client requirements analysis alongside product owners to design, develop, support and maintain new and existing software products in line with the company business strategy
- Assist with software training material
You must be able to work individually or as part of a larger development team in an agile environment.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience as a Software Engineer is preferable, we are interested in hearing from candidates with a range of experience.
- Demonstrable experience of a subset of the following skills:
- Software development
- Reactive frameworks e.g. vue.js/vuetify
- Back-end web frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Version control systems
- Unit testing
- Quality Assurance
- Amazon Web Services
- User support
- You do not need to be fully familiar with all of these technologies, although that would be beneficial, but the successful applicants will need to have demonstrable experience in similar technologies and be excited to learn new skills.
- Good written and spoken English language ability.
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
At Simomics, we want to attract the best people, whatever their experience, and retain them and hence we offer a competitive remuneration package in the region of £27,000 to £55,000, commensurate with experience. Please include your salary expectations in your cover note.
We would expect the successful candidates to be based at our York offices, when the opportunity permits. However, a combination of remote and office working will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the above criteria to email@example.com.
Interviews will be conducted remotely due to the working restrictions currently in place.
Recruitment Agencies and Consultants need not apply.