Solution Consultant, Simomics Ltd
Simomics are looking to appoint a Solution Consultant. This new position in Simomics will give the successful applicant the opportunity to join a growing, ethics-led and innovative York based software company.
Reporting directly to the Solutions Lead, the Solution Consultant will work with our clients to understand their corporate environmental responsibility (CER) challenges and identify how our software solutions can be best applied to meet their needs and add value to their organisations.
Simomics develops software to explore, communicate and maximise the value of in-silico models to support environmental protection initiatives and predict and mitigate the effects of pharmaceuticals and chemicals in the environment.
Simomics is an ethics-led software technology SME, driven by a strong mission and purpose to promote corporate environmental responsibility, and the replacement, reduction, and refinement of the use of animals for scientific purposes through in-silico modelling.
Based in York since 2014, our client base already includes top-tier global clients in the pharmaceutical and personal care industries, and we have plans to expand into additional industry sectors and new global markets in the future.
The Solution Consultant will be responsible for determining the scope of new business opportunities with customers and prospects and leading those opportunities through to successful implementations. Part business analyst, part technologist and part sales person, the Solution Consultant will work directly with our clients and prospective clients to understand their strategic business issues and then craft and communicate solution requirements, strategies and delivery plans to ensure successful implementations and outstanding outcomes for our clients.
A requirements gathering/consulting background is required and you must be comfortable undertaking software demonstrations and working in a sales environment. The successful candidate must be able to understand and explain technical concepts and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Some travel will be expected to client sites both in the UK and abroad.
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
We would like to hear from candidates who have demonstrable skills in the following areas, providing a guideline for what would be expected in the role:
- Excellent requirements analysis capabilities, working with stakeholders (clients and colleagues) to define the requirements and success criteria of software/SAAS projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating technical and functional expertise with the ability to understand and explain technical concepts and create engaging and compelling propositions
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate in the context of achieving shared objectives, to ensure successful implementations and ongoing partnerships with clients
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, capable of coordinating multidisciplinary project teams throughout the sales and implementation lifecycle and managing workloads under ambitious timescales
- Ability and desire to proactively research and understand new domain areas and client challenges
- Attention to detail to upkeep high standards and ensure successful implementations and great client experiences
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
The following capabilities are not essential, but would be a benefit to applicants:
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process, pharmaceuticals or chemicals in the environment challenges or environmental protection/corporate environmental responsibility initiatives
- Technical understanding of SaaS products and web based technologies
- Knowledge of and experience using Agile working practises
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant client facing business analyst or SaaS/software consulting role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a relevant subject
- Software demonstration and sales experience would be beneficial
- Experience working in or around the pharmaceutical, personal care or chemical industries would be beneficial, as would experience in the environmental sector
At Simomics, we want to attract the best people and retain them. We offer a competitive remuneration package, with salary opportunities in the region of £30,000 to £50,000 for this role, depending on experience. Please include your salary expectations in your cover note.
We would expect the successful candidate to be based at our York offices, when the opportunity permits. However, a combination of remote and office working will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted remotely due to the working restrictions currently in place.
Recruitment Agencies and Consultants need not apply.